I just finished this hat the other day, it's pretty cool because its made of samples of wool from all the sheep in our flock. We did some sampling in the fall for micron testing, and i washed, carded and spun up the individual locks, spun them in the lock and did a quick ply job. Then used my v. simple brimless cap pattern, size 6 circ. needles, cast on 90, 2 inches for the brim, 4 inches for the hat, then decreases. Easy peasy! I'm posting it to my etsy shop and hope it sells, I'm saving up to send some wool I was given out to process into roving to make into rugs.
Can't wait for shearing, we are going to have wonderful fleeces this year!