Sunday, October 6, 2019

What I'm working on

Getting my inventory built up for NYS Sheep and Wool Festival - (bldg c booth 8) so thought I'd share some wooly goodness.

Great photo of the girls in their coats - thanks to my sheep fancying friend for this terrific shot!

Yuki's fawn kat lamb fleece is so soft and easy to draft, absolutely luxurious.  Spinning into yarn, one skein of solid and one gradient.  Here are locks sorted from light to dark, break into 4 groups, split them and then get spinning!  Trixie is sitting in the background judging me.

From the light side

And the darker side.


Carding Cersie's grey katmoget fleece for pretty batting.






And spinning up the last of Ella's wool into a gradient yarn.



Trying to decide on the naming convention for this year's lamb crop.  I am thinking of two ideas, but will stew over it a little longer before giving any hints.



My sheep fancying friend stopped by yesterday so we took a turn around the acreage in the four wheeler.



Finally, I realized I never posted my finished Roadside Beanie, so here it is.  Still need to block it, but so busy with yarn and batts that it will have to wait until after Rhinebeck.





No comments: