Thursday, November 18, 2010

S'More Sparkles

Sparkles is another foundation ewe that continues to make the cut each year (and a lot of good ones have not). I like her conformation and fleece a great deal. All of her lambs seem to possess traits that I like as well. She’ll be three this spring. She has a longer fleece than some of our sheep, and also has very nice density, which is sometimes lacking in the longer-fleeced sheep we have seen. Sparkles is an F2 Orion. She’s just a collection of nice genetics that I like. She is also our only Ag sheep, for what it's worth. She’s another ewe that I still have passion about. She is correct. There are several ways we can go with her breeding for this year. I’d like to pull moorit out of her, since we lack a lot of brown-based ewes in our flocks. Genetics aside, I just think she’s an excellent Shetland.


We are keeping her daughter from this year:

And this is her incredible ram lamb who I expect great things from:

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh my, I have got to get east to see your shetlands!!! Keep the pictures coming, I always enjoy seeing what other breeders have lurking in their pastures.

Danny Hansen said...

NIIICCE Ram!