Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Whispering Pines Siena

Whispering Pines Sienna is another Pompey daughter is has a pretty special fleece. It is denser than Genoa’s but not quite as fine, but it is one of our best. She produced an excellent polled ram this year who we are using in a small breeding group. There really isn’t much to criticize with this ewe. I don’t like her as much as Genoa, but the differences aren’t enormous, and are most likely a matter of personal preference. Siena is shown here being harassed by Khan.



 
What I will say is that she combines impressive bloodlines that I admire. I know I say that a lot, but we have spent the better part of four years collecting different bloodlines that I like, and she is a good example of that. They haven't all panned out, but some of them have done well.
We sold Siena's yearling fleece for $100, which is a good sign. We haven’t traditionally priced our fleeces that high, but we really didn’t want to sell these two (and quite a few others). But I think it's a good buy for the discriminating fiber person.

No comments: