Sunday, May 27, 2018

Chores

The four of us picked up 200 bales of hay yesterday and got them stacked in the loft of the barn.  The guy we bought the hay from kept it in an old barn that I could have spent the entire day in it was so peaceful and smelled terrific.  Remember in Little House in the Big Woods when she writes about how they have all their food stored in the attic for the winter and how you felt so safe and cozy?  That's how I feel when the barns are full of hay.  200 more bales before the end of summer and we are there. 

Then Rich and I cleaned out the barn so my arms, shoulders and hands are pretty sore today.

















1 comment:

English sheep gal said...

Fantastic feeling to have winter prep work started in the summer, I like to get our cords of firewood delivered and stacked early for the same 'security' reason.

Hope you get some rest and relax time now, sitting in the field knitting and sheep watching, and the lambs getting big now?