Monday, May 28, 2018

What I am Working on

Thinking grateful thoughts this memorial day as I keep myself busy this morning with wool.
washed Lyanna's fleece so I have something to demo flick carding and spinning from lock at CNY Fiber Festival in a couple weeks.


Lyanna's pretty crimpy locks.

Lyanna - fawn katmoget 2017 lamb


Elinor's fleece generated quite a lot of yarn, solid, gradient and sheep heid skeins in this blob.

Still have some of Elinor's darker locks to spin into a dark grey gradient, can't wait to see how it turns out.

Elinor, gee I think you're swell


Spinning shorter locks from Baxter, she didn't shear very well this year.

3 oz Longer locks to card into batts

Baxter, such a pretty rich black.


Baxter


Carding up black neck wool for batts
Carded black neck wool locks

And put the ewes and their lambs on a fresh pasture this morning.  Grass is growing fast!




No comments: