Saturday, December 7, 2019

What I am working on

Man I got a lot of stuff cooking.

I started working on Marianne to spin yarn for a special request, but discovered much to my dismay her locks were very short and was not going to be a fruitful spinning effort.

So instead of spinning all into yarn, I am using her energetic curly bits to make some felty sheep.



Instead of Marianne for the yarn, will be using Cora, a lovely fawn katmoget ewe who has similar color and feel of Marianne, with a much longer lock which will be very wonderful to spin.



washing her today

Began work on one of the patterns recommended to me by some of my more talented knitter friends with the grey millspun yarn from my skirtings.




On the wheel is Marianne, I think I'll get a skein out of her from some of the long enough locks.





Hallelujah, its a Christmas miracle I finished the stupid thrum mittens.  So they will be used to show how amazing soft shetland wool is for knitting thrum patterns.  Which I will never. ever. do again.



A pretty project from our soft shetland wool (Lady Mary) shared by a fellow sheep fancier - so pretty with a flirty little pom pom on the end.




No comments: