Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Windswept Gold - Rich

Sire: Red Ram Billy Joel
Dam: Windswept Kara Nurice
Twin Mioget Yuglet Socket Ewe
Micron: 27.1 @ 7 months
SD: 9.2 micron
CV: 33.8
We love this little ewe. She shares many of the same traits as Primrose, but adds a nice light mioget color and a longer staple length. I think she’ll be more primitive than intermediate, but her fleece has a really soft feel to it. She was just too nice to pass up. When we come across excellent conformations, markings, and colors, it’s hard to pass up. It’s hard to say at this point whether she’ll have the same level top line that many of our sheep have, but she’s really nice! I doubt we will use her this fall, however. She’s just a beautiful, striking ewe lamb!

1 comment:

Chloe said...

She is a pretty little one. I have only one meat lamb penned up right now, but I've spent many nights outside, lambing. I learned how to hand shear, too--my Da thought it would be a good way to support myself. Lots I like about sheep-lambing at midnight in the rain and shearing are not on the list.