Sunday, September 23, 2018

WNY Fiber Festival

Saturday's WNY Fiber festival marked the end of our three weekend marathon of fiber festivals I attend every year, and I am very happy to say it was a terrific day.  Beautiful weather, steady traffic and great conversations made it a wonderful event for us.








I am spending today unloading the van and reorganizing my studio.



During my breaks I am spinning up O'Brien's fleece from 2018.  I was demo-ing spinning it yesterday and hope to complete in the next week or so.  My inventory has been severely depleted so I have a lot of work to do to catch up on my backlog and prep for Knitters Circle event in February.






I'm also washing Aries's fleece (young man on the left in this photo), rather stinky but I think I'm making progress.  I am reflecting on how nice it is we coat the ewes as I am on my 5th soapy soak on Aries's fleece vs. my usual 2 soaks with my lovely girls.  And there is still a little dirt left in the sink after soak # 5.  Should probably get some of that scour solution that one of my mentors keeps telling me about.  Will add to my list...



So much to do!  Looking forward to next weekend which I 100% dedicate to puttering in the studio and trying out some new ideas from these last few very inspiring weeks!

No comments: