Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Spring Countdown

 Lambing and shearing are a month away.  Rich has started graining the ewes and I am working on the final scraps of wool laying around.  I think this is one of the few years that I am going to run out of wool before next shearing.

Just refound these pretty needles that I bought at a flea market last year.  They were stowed away in a box under a bunch of Christmas stuff.

This wool came from Treviso, last of her fleece divided equally into two piles for a nice 2 ply yarn.

Prepped to spin my 5 color self striping yarn which I will chain ply for nice clean transitions between colors.

Looks pretty good!


Here are some flick carded locks of neck wool which I sorted from light to dark and measured out into four lots to spin into a pretty gradient yarn with fawn colors.


Here are the 8 lots of shading for the two ply gradient yarn.  I recycle the plastic pretzel bins that people bring into work.  They are so curious what I do with them!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

The productivity of your fiber work amazes me!

Jen and Rich Johnson said...

LOL, I suppose...notice I never blog about how clean my house is or weed free the garden looks...And I have to confess I just took down Christmas lights last weekend.