Saturday, March 30, 2019

What I'm Working On

Taking a quick break from bookkeeping for taxes to do a blog post.

Washed a bunch of skeins today, they are now hanging to dry.

L to R - 2 skeins of self striping yarn, moorit neck wool, short skein of Treviso, ram wool from the mill, two skeins of britch wool I'm using on the roadside beanie, and a gorgeous gradient yarn from fawn neck wool.

Hazel's pretty grey fiber to spin.  We clipped her last weekend.  I got her good with the scissors, gives me the willies every time I think about it.  I hate that.




Frogging the Bousta Beanie because its too big for me (which is saying something since I have an enormous head) so I have some of my handspun to knit the new hat from Shetland Wool Week 2019.  I want to make kits for the pattern, it takes 7 different colors.  Have to make it first so I know how much of each color to wind up for the kits.  If you click on the caption I set it up to take you to the free pattern if you want to check it out.


Oliver Henry's "Roadside Beanie"
The last of the 2018 clip to be carded.  I think I'll make some more gradient yarns from these.



And  here is some wool still on the sheep that I am just dying to get my hands on.



This guy is likely going to get roo'd today, its just falling off of him.  This was one of the twin lambs I videoed being bottle fed last year.




Knitting a barn hat with a cake of handspun that I don't even remember making.  I think it was from when I was messing around with that blending board.  I sold the board last year, didn't care for it, but interested to see how this will knit up.



And, we got our Fiber Testing results back this week, so Rich is off somewhere pouring over his data like a mad scientist.  So far we are very pleased with what the data shows.  Maybe I'll get Rich to do a writeup on it if anyone is interested.



4 comments:

Michelle said...

Clicked on the last photo; the numbers all look fantastic!

English sheep gal said...

You've been busy with lots of different projects, loving the gradient yarn, and the hat is going to be a great project for you. Yes please to a mad scientist report - with refresher of what the different values measure for (or just a link to the great post summarizing this previously - 12/28/17). Wonder who is top of the class, best marks for their fleece this year?

Jen and Rich Johnson said...

Thanks Michelle - I appreciate your feedback!

Jen and Rich Johnson said...

ESG - I'll see about Rich writing up something - thanks for the ideas!