Saturday, April 6, 2019

Flock update

Spent some time this morning updating my flock spreadsheet and getting my index cards updated for micron data and names and stuff this morning.



So here are the numbers:
Number of rams - 10
Number of ewes - 56
17 ewe lambs from last year retained
17 ewes were bred

Took some time to get photos of the sheep on this beautiful spring day:

Rush and Peter (Sagal from NPR) - two rams we used in breeding this year

Bob (Edwards) in the ram lamb pen

Group of lovely ewes

Probably Brienne but I'm not sure

Little Hazel got to spend some time outside today while I worked in the front flower bed.

1 comment:

English sheep gal said...

Looking like spring, so cute to see Hazel bunny on the lawn too. Can't wait to see them all next weekend, I remember the file cards........... I recognize so few of your flock, but have that one beautiful close up of Brienne, and the ewe in the pic is someone else, I think a 2018 lamb as the ear tag looks yellow. Brienne has a green tag, all brown top lip, chin and nose - 'little miss kissy lips' haha!