Monday, February 25, 2008

Peony - Rich




Windswept Peony (S25596, 3/07) is probably the closest thing we have to the perfect Shetland. She has long lustrous fleece with some nice crimp and striking smirslet sokket markings. Her conformation is outstanding! I liked her a lot when I first saw her, but I didn’t realize how nice she was until we brought her home and compared her to the rest of our flock! I’m not sure what she lacks. We bred her to Cihat (S17465) this year because I have a preference for yuglets, but I could have gone several ways with her. I expect a nice lamb out of her. Peony wasn’t advertised as being modified, but she looks fawn to me. Her fleece is more taupe than moorit. Regardless, I think she’s probably our nicest all around ewe…or close to it! Now, if I can find a way to get a gulmoget out of her, we’ll be in business next spring! I hate to breed our nice spotted ewes to our gulmoget ram because he doesn’t carry spots, but I may end up doing that if I don’t have a nice spotted gulmoget ram next fall.

No comments: