Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Hallelujah! - Jen

Another project I worked on over the holidays was a Messiah Singalong. I've always wanted to attend one, but they are always so far away and I hate driving in winter, so I decided to put one on in Middleport. I got permission to use my church on a Saturday afternoon, we had David Bondreau from Lockport chorale direct it, I played my keyboard set to strings/harpsichord/trumpet for the recitatives and arias, and then I had prerecorded the choruses on the keyboard so I could sing along. We did the first section, and I think everyone had a lot of fun.

I had put something in the local papers, send a letter to all area churches and called all the musicians I know to spread the word. As a result, we had 30 singers show up and 20 or so spectators. And all sections were represented. I think next year we will do it earlier in the season so that more musicians can make it, a lot of people were involved in performances that weekend and weren't able to attend. Oh, and the best part was Mom and Katie were both singing at it too, so that was v. cool.




No comments: