Tuesday, February 17, 2009

From Lily, to me, to a friend of friend to my friend! - Jen

I attempted to paint a bunch of hand processed wool I got from Lily, and I hated it. So, I decided to spin it up hoping for a miraculous transformation.

And this was the result, which I thought was really cool, and I named it "Stepped on a Caterpillar". The longer name is "I stepped on a caterpillar and this is what came out."
So a friend of a friend bought the yarn and knit up this lovely scarf for the friend. Beautiful job, lovely pattern, and I am so pleased!




4 comments:

Nancy K. said...

Your spinning must have worked miracles because it's lovely!!

;-)

Jenny said...

That's so beautiful! And I love the name...

Michelle said...

Yes, lovely!! And so cool that you documented sheep to finished project. I need to do that as I start using more of my own homespun.

Hidaway Farms Shetlands said...

What a nice surprise! That scarf is beautiful! Doesn't it make you feel proud of your Lily?