Sunday, November 26, 2017

Ewe a day - English Garden

English Garden was also born in 2011 out of Itasca and our F1 Jericho ram, Little Buckeroo. As Shetlands go, she is rock solid. We sold her a while back and then brought her back in last year because I wanted more Todhill Jericho genetics in our flock. Fleece-wise, she has nice density and length, which is also something we value. Her SF this year was 26.7 microns, which is high for us, but her AFD is 26.8, so that’s not too bad really. I decided a long time ago not to chase micron results and be influenced by them if I liked a particular ewe, and she is an example of that. I was really happy with both her lambs this spring, so I think I am on the right track.

English Garden in 2017

Fleece shot summer 2017
English Garden's ram lamb 2017 - Jon Snow



English Garden's ewe lamb 2017 - Cersei
English Garden Lamb summer 2011




As Newborn with mom Itasca

English Garden and her twin - Enna Ernest



No comments: