Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Ewe a day - White Pines Reawick

The last of the adult ewes is White Pine Reawick, one of only two white ewes that we have here. She is also four years old this year. Her fleece is superfine with an SF of 23.4 microns. It has good length, and a pretty bold crimp that is different from what we normally shoot for.  She can make a contribution to our goals, and I like everything else about her. She is also an F3 Jericho, which I can’t, quite frankly, get enough of.



That’s it for the old women in the flock. I’m somewhat surprised that I have retained all of them as long as I have, but that is more of an indication of what they produce. There is a lot of diversity in fleece and body types in that group and it’s safe to say none of the younger ewes would exist without these flock matrons. If we had a Shetland ewe Wall of Fame, they would certainly be on it.

No comments: