Saturday, November 25, 2017

What I am working on

Found some uncarded Mrs. Hughes tucked away in a paper bag, I sold all her wool as batts during fiber festival season, so this was a happy discovery.  I am just about done with the singles, and will be plying soon - did as a gradient, can't wait to see the finished yarn, she is so soft and lovely.



Started to knit the Bousta Beanie pattern using yarn from Elara, a black fleece we bought from Garrett of White Pines and Vogue.  I plan to make kits of yarn to sell for this specific pattern.  I love the chance to knit with my own homespun yarn.



Cora is complete and all in the shop now as yarn.


I also finished carding Sybil, I got 10 oz of batts which are now in the etsy shop, plus a little extra which I will use for the self striping rolags.  Also ended up with some curly bits that were so coiled and cool, couldn't bear to ruin them by carding.


I want to make up kits to do your own stocking from felted sweaters, it takes me forever to make up kits, I probably won't have done before Christmas at the rate I am going.  


Almost done carding Sybil, so lovely and soft, I've decided this will be going to batts, it has a nice length and I want to share the enjoyment of spinning this pretty wool.


The self striping rolag is no longer an idea, but a reality!  Here is the final hat and a 1 oz skein which will hit the shop today.  The hat used one oz of wool, used size 6 needle for a perfect little cap!



Rich took down the electronet fencing, so that signals the end of warm weather.  Ewes are all coated.  We set up 4 breeding groups on 11/22.  Rich now has 7 separate pens to tend to.  Once we finish the ewe a day blogs, Rich will do a writeup on the groups and his strategy.  But for now, here is what they look like (I don't want to steal his thunder on who we are using and who they are with):

Breeding Group 1

Ram Lambs being retained but not used, can't put in with adult rams until they are bigger.

Breeding Group 2

Breeding Group 3

Ewe lambs - don't breed lambs

Group 4

Adult rams not using this year, but too good to not retain




No comments: