Monday, March 23, 2009

Lavender - Rich


Lavender is also a nice ewe. She is primitive like her mother, but we bred her to Leyland to try and improve her fleece. Her fleece is nice, but it lacks crimp and I have no reason to think it’ll be fine. It’s a cool looking fleece, however, and it’s extremely black. I expect her fleece will spin up nicely and make some beautiful yarn. I was hoping she would end up Shaela, but I don’t think so. We’ll see at shearing. I’ve not seen a true Shaela, so hopefully, I’ll recognize it. I’ve noticed that some people think iset is shaela. Leyland is supposed to be Shaela, but I don’t see it in him. I know his father carries the modifier, however, and throws it quite often. Once he’s sheared, I might feel differently. When all was said and done, I just felt that Leyland was the best ram to use with her. I expect a nice lamb out of her (if she’s bred). She was plenty big enough for a ewe lamb.

No comments: