Friday, March 13, 2009

Onyx Velour - Rich


Onyx Velour is my favorite ewe for sure! Does that mean she’s our nicest? Not necessarily, but I think she is most like what I’m after in a ewe in terms of the total package. First off, I really think she would do well in the show ring. She’s not as wide in the back as Cor de Nuit is, but that’s about her only flaw. Her fleece is more intermediate than single, but it’s in between. I’m very interested in what she throws this year. The good ones sometimes disappoint because their lambs don’t typically live up to them, but we’ll see. She was also bred to Cihat for some of the same reasons that I gave for Cor de Nuit. Onyx also would’ve worked with Leyland , but there was a substantial size differential and I didn’t want to risk leaving her open this year.

4 comments:

Juliann said...

Rich, your sheep are aboslutely incredible. You certainly have an eye for a good looking Shetland. If I was doing the horn thing, I'd be buying from you in a heartbeat! Have a great weekend!

Jen and Rich Johnson said...

I always appreciate feedback from you. Thanks for taking the time. I always look forward to seeing your lambs! Each year they seem to get better! Keep up the good work!

Rich

Ebonwald Cardigans said...

Stephen's three sheep you got are just incredible. No one has as nice of conformation as he does and his SD and CV are so low....that the sheep are very consistent from front to back. Nice picks! I can't wait to see the lambs!

Shula said...

Well I can see why she's your favorite. I think she's stunning. I can't wait to see what lambs you get as well this year :)